Video calling has become part and parcel for today’s people living in a digital world. Video calling is used to keep in touch with family, friends, and colleagues. Video calling is basically used to call people who are living apart. One of the outstanding video calling apps is Skype. The Skype video calling app has been on the market for the last 15 years. The Skype app is available on multiple devices, like desktops, tablets, mobile devices, etc. It is easily accessible to everyone, and it has a user-friendly interface. Through Skype video calls, it’s very easy to make calls to anyone. It’s a popular online communication platform that allows you to make unlimited free video calls and voice calls, and you can even send text messages to people across the world. Here’s a detailed step-by-step guide on how to use Skype video calls.
We are all aware that people who are working in the army stay away from their families for months at a time. They could not even make a normal call or see their families. But now things have changed. With Skype, people, including parents and spouses, are able to see their loved ones through video calls, which makes them very happy. Now you don’t have to worry about how your family members are when they are away from home because whenever you feel like talking or seeing them, even in the middle of the night, you have the Skype app, which keeps you going.
- Activate and install Skype: First and foremost, you just need a Skype account to use the app for video calls. This app can be found on the App Store if you are using an iPhone or on the Play Store if you are using an Android device. You can even go to the Skype website and create an account. You need to download the latest version of Skype. Once you have activated the app on your device, go ahead and install it. Activating the Skype app is very simple, and even people who are illiterate or from rural backgrounds can just activate the app with a few clicks. This app provides instructions in different languages.
- Create an account: To create an account, you first need to have an email address and a phone number because these get verified with your account. Once you have these in place, simply go ahead and create a Skype account by entering your name, email address, and password. If you don’t have an email address or password, there’s nothing to worry about; you can also sign up with a Microsoft or Facebook account. Without an account, one won’t be able to access this app. So creating an account is a very basic step that needs to be followed and is very simple to follow as well.
- Add Contacts: Before making a call, first add people to your contact list, as this will be easy and helpful for making a call. How do I add contact? Click on the contact and then select Add Contacts.” Whoever you want to connect with, enter that person’s Skype ID or email address and send them a request to connect with you. Gone were the days when we used to add contacts one by one by typing their names and phone numbers. But now, with technology advancing every single day, we can simply add the contacts by clicking on the add contacts buttons.
- Start a video call: First and foremost, If you want to make a video call, find the person you want to call in your Skype contacts. If you don’t find them in your contact list, don’t worry; it’s simple to add them by searching their email ID or username. Once you are done with this step, just click on the video camera icon. Your friend will receive a notification that he is getting an incoming call, and he or she can either accept or reject the call. These days, making a video call has become all the more fun. You can make a video call from anywhere. It’s all for free. You just need to have the Skype app on your device. In less that minutes you can activate and create an account on the Skype app.
- During the call: Another interesting feature is that during the call you can turn off your mic, turn off the camera, or even mute the call. If you want, you can also share your screen or send text messages while you are on the call. This is an interesting feature where you can mute your call if you are doing something and don’t want the noise to disturb the other person. This is really a very good feature during meetings and while talking to friends.
- End the call: When you are done with most of the talking and feel that the call should be ended, you can simply end the call. At the bottom of your screen, you must be able to see a red phone icon, and by clicking on it, you end the call in a very simple way. Do not abruptly end the call, but inform the other person that you are ending the call.
With these simple guiding steps, you must be able to use Skype for video calls and voice calls, as well as be in a position to send messages to family, friends, and colleagues. Through Skype, you can get in touch with anyone across the globe. In fact, using the Skype app is very simple, just like normal phone calls. With Skype, you can have face-to-face conversations with friends, family members, and relatives.
In this tutorial, we have shown you how to explore and use the Skype app. Skype is a very popular and fascinating communication tool that allows you to make video and voice calls. Previously, making a video call was a luxury, and we could see it happening only in movies and TV shows. But now, with the advancement of technology, apps like Skype have brought this luxury into middle-class homes. Now it’s very easy to use with its simple and easy interface. You can make video calls to anyone in the world. Just follow the simple steps that are being provided here, and you will be in a position to make video calls to family and friends. So hurry up, create a Skype account, and stay connected with your loved ones no matter where they are located in the world.